Re: Moving programs into KDE menu

On Sunday 07 December 2003 08:20 pm, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> Can someone advise me on how to move a working program into the KDE menu.  I
> have gimp installed, configured and working but cant figure out how to put
> it into the menu system.

If you mean the system-wide way to do it, I don't know.  But if you
just mean for yourself, right click on a blank spot on the "panel" and
select "menu editor".  It should be self-explanatory from there.

Oddly, most packages seem to automatically appear in the menu
when I install them under KDE (I had to run update-menus for that
to work with fvwm). I'm not sure what happens when you run update-menus
with KDE (maybe nothing?).

Cheers,
Terry