Re: When will the new XFree make it into Debian?

Tom Allison wrote:
Roberto Sanchez wrote:

I know this has been discussed to death already.  But what is holding up
XFree86 4.3 from making it into unstable?  I have been using 4.3 from
experimental for a few months, but 4.3 was released almost a year ago
and 4.4 will probably be out soon.  Just wondering.

-Roberto

What's the big advantage that 4.3 provides over everything else?

It supports my Radeon 9000 without the need for a binary-only
driver (and with about a 25% performance gain over the binary-only
driver).

-Roberto