Re: Why should non-root users have a password?

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 09:48:00PM +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> ..be paranoid _enough_.

Yeah, thanks everybody.  Every once I in a while I let the fact that I
never seem to get hacked confuse me...

I never ran Virus software on my Home PC and I never got infected,
except once: working at Microsoft, I installed Win2K Pro at home and
VPN'd into CorpNet to put SP1 on it.  I didn't get Nimda from the
Internet -- I got it from Microsoft's Corpnet!!!!

Everybody runs BlackIce because everybody's box at CorpNet gets
hundreds of Nimdas and Slammers per day.  Ain't that funny?

But really, I'm not a dumb ass: I *never* got hacked at home.  I'm not a
dummy, I know, I never got hit.  So I ferget sometime...

Bijan's suggestion was good, I may try it...