Re: Linux vs. SCO: 1-0

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 09:52:15 -0800,
Tom <tb.31123.nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20031207175215.GA4315@comcast.net>:

> On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 10:04:29AM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> > > Still my bad.
> >
> > I'm just not sure to what extent I want to view this as linux vs.
> > sco, or the gpl vs. sco, etc.  Because ibm, while it has interests
> > in linux, may not have the deep-down conviction that some of us have
> > when it comes to open source and linux.
> >
> > Still, it's true that this will affect the public impression of
> > linux, regardless of outcome.
>
> I'm actively avoiding reading anything about it, *especially anti-SCO
> rants*.  I feel personally violated whenever anything makes me get
> apoplectic.  Not advocating this for anybody but me, but I've got an
> absolute filter on any knowledge of the issue either way.  It can only
> tarnish me.

..huh?  See http://groklaw.net/ and Karsten's excellent
http://sco.iwethey.org/ for good entertainment on the
alledged and such, uhmmmm, issues.  ;-)

..I mean, some 15 years ago I saw a movie, there was some deserted
harbor warehouse wherein some bad guys had some other bad guy
tied up on a chair just next to some big yellow machine.

..of course like in any good movie, the tied up guys plays tough on
interrogation, so the bad boss nods to one of the other bad guys, who
walks over to the big yellow machine, and pushes a wee black button.

..the lights dim, then brightens gradually as the big yellow thing
spools up to speed, while yet another guy grabs a freight pallet off
a pile of such.  He looks the tied up guy in the eye, then chucks
the pallet into the big yellow machine, and a wee "cheeunk" later,
a million tooth picks sprays out the back.

..if I ever go buy such a big yellow pallet shredder, I'm gonna call it
Groklaw.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: