Re: The lost cramfs patch (was: Debian Investigation Report after Server Compromises)

Hello Benedict!

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 03:15:22AM +0100, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
I found a mail on the developers mailing list that shows how to make
an initrd without the cramfs patch. One can use the following in the
mkinitrd.conf file:

    MKIMAGE="genromfs -d %s -f %s"

This would mean that the "lost" cramfs patch can remain lost since
one doesn't really need it :)

Right :)

BTW, I just read on current debian-devel about this:
|MKIMAGE='genromfs -f /dev/fd/1 -d %s | gzip -9 > %s'
|The above is a better option.

I guess you meant the "Initrd rocks!"-subthread...

Cheers,
Flo