Re: The lost cramfs patch (was: Debian Investigation Report after Server Compromises)

Hello Benedict!

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 12:06:35AM +0100, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
Heh. Then it's kind of logical that i don't find any package ;)

Well, It's simply that I don't know about a place for downloading it,
but this doesn't necessarily mean there isn't any... ;)

It's indeed mentioned that you don't need one for a single machine.
Anyway, even if you do use an initrd, you can do it without cramfs
apparently by chagning the mkinitrd.conf file
There you have to change the MKINITRD but i'm not sure what
you can put in place of the mkcramfs there.

I just read you could use romfs instead of cramfs by using genromfs,
but as I actually have never had the need to use initrd at all I
simply cannot be sure.

Cheers,
Flo