Re: installed nvidia driver, but permission denied while trying tuxracer

Andreas Janssen wrote:
Hello

I installed the driver using the installer from nvidia.com and the
permissions are crw-rw-rw-, only owner.group is root.root, so I think
it should be okay. By the way, did you log out and in again after
adding yourself to the video group? Otherwise the system won't know
that you added yourself to that group.

Yes, that was it. How dumb of me :(
I have now changed back the permission where 'others' do not have any:
> ls -l /dev/nvidia*
crw-rw----    1 root     video    195,   0 Dec  6 03:28 /dev/nvidia0
crw-rw----    1 root     video    195,   1 Dec  6 03:28 /dev/nvidia1
crw-rw----    1 root     video    195,   2 Dec  6 03:28 /dev/nvidia2
crw-rw----    1 root     video    195,   3 Dec  6 03:28 /dev/nvidia3
crw-rw----    1 root     video    195, 255 Dec  6 03:28 /dev/nvidiactl

and I am able to use the driver as a video group member. This makes feel a *lot* better :)

Well, it is 4:41 in the morning, when I was trying tuxracer it was a little after 3am :( The kernel, nvidia, mousedev, cdrom .... I guess enough for today ;)

I off to hit the sack,
regards,
->HS

--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)