Re: Where to get the new installer?

Mariano Kamp wrote:

Hi Richard,

Richard Lyons <richard@the-place.net> wrote:

[··]

My experience with Knoppix was excellent. I used it on two systems (laptop and desktop) and both are now mostly unstable - only bit of knoppix obviously remaining being the X splashscreen. It certainly solved some hardware issues for me - and a lot of time.
ok, great. All there is left is the splash? Nothing nasty with different /etc or kernel compiles? Ok, I just read on debian-announce that the system will be back on really soon. If that is not going to happen tomorrow I'll give the knoppix hd installer a shot and try to work on the X issue.

You might want to try Libranet ( http://libranet.com/ ) - they have a free version.Of course it is not as updated and "polished" as the new one but the consensus is that it really rocks. I'm just telling you for what I have been reading in their forum and around in general, but I'm going to try it just for fun.

Good luck

John

P.S.: Contrary to Knoppix ( this one I tried ) it installs only what you tell it to and it has a nice system management tool .