general apt problem

Hello All,

I run into apt problems on a semi-regular basis, running unstable,
which is fine most of the time, but from time to time I get package
permissions problems, usually where one dependent package is trying
to overwrite the contents of another package's contents.  So, I've
been over the debian docs, but I'm looking for a general strategy for
solving dependency issues when they arise, so I don't have to keep
messing with my system until it /just works/ again.  Does anyone know
if such a doc has been created?

Thanks in advance

Matt Peter