Config of Gnome-terminal in Sarge

I'm working on getting my computer moved from Woody to Sarge. I have
an annoying cosmetic problem with Gnome2 in Sarge. In Gnome-Terminal
(GT), the fonts that can be selected in the GT 'current profile' are
small letters with lots of space around them; wide separation of
letters within words and approx. 1.5x line spacing. It wastes a lot of
screen area. I do *not* have this problem in Multi-Gnome-Terminal
(MGT), so I'm sure the problem is fixable. I suppose I could use MGT,
but it does not have a working system for capturing URLs and sending
them to a browser. ( At least, it doesn't work for me (tm) )

Because I have fonts I like one place in Gnome, and fonts I don't like
in an other place, I suppose fonts at this level are configurable, but
where do Gnome, GT, and MGT put their config stuff that is not
available via the GUI tools? Having worked with Debian for a few years
now, I'm really not afraid of editing a text config file.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com