Re: removing menu icons in fvwm

Micha Feigin wrote:
How do I lose the icons in the auto generated debian menu in fvwm ?
Its nice to have a few icons, but they are too big, probably to memory
intensive and make it harder in general to find what I want.

You mean in /etc/X11/fvwm/menudefs.hook

they all look like so:

DestroyMenu "/Debian/Apps/Graphics"
AddToMenu "/Debian/Apps/Graphics" "Graphics" Title Top
+ "&Bitmap" Exec exec bitmap
+ "&kcolorchooser" Exec exec /usr/bin/kcolorchooser
+ "k&coloredit" Exec exec /usr/bin/kcoloredit
+ "&xfig%/usr/share/pixmaps/xfig32x32.xpm%" Exec exec /usr/bin/xfig
+ "x&sane%/usr/share/pixmaps/xsane.xpm%" Exec exec /usr/bin/xsane

All the icons are within %%
Write a sed script to erase all %%?

I don't know if there is a configure option to not update the menu with xpms's.

Hugo.