Re: cupsys - cupsd won't stay running!!!

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:

	Do you have the parport kernel module installed, and the above
directories and files in /proc with appropriate permissions?

	Most important, do you use the parallel port for your printer?

No, I have not even configured a printer. I was hoping I could do that through the slick cupsd UI.
I *did* notice however on the machine where cupsd runs when I look in proc:

ro@camel:/proc/sys/dev$ ls /proc/sys/dev
cdrom

but on the machine where cupsd dies there is a /proc/sys/dev/parport directory:

linstation1:/proc/sys/dev/parport# ls -al
total 0
dr-xr-xr-x    4 root     root            0 Dec  5 07:53 .
dr-xr-xr-x    5 root     root            0 Dec  5 07:53 ..
dr-xr-xr-x    2 root     root            0 Dec  5 07:53 default
dr-xr-xr-x    3 root     root            0 Dec  5 07:53 parport0
linstation1:/proc/sys/dev/parport#

Also the machine where cupsd runs has a /dev/lp1 and the nonworking machine does not. They are both running slpd with out of the box slp.conf. Could the missing lp1 special file
be the problem?  Where does /dev/lp1 come from?

Rohit