Re: apt question

Mark Healey wrote:

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:53:35 -0600, Kent West wrote:

As you recommended I added these lines to my /etc/apt/sources.list:

# Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
which I did
#deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US

# Stable
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

Just to check things out I did "apt-cache search nethack" to see if
everything is working.  It's not.

I get:
W: Couldn't stat source package list [an entry from above] Packages
([a path which I assume is what the listing is a symbolic link to]) -
stat (2 No such file or directory).

Did you "apt-get update" first? If not, you need to.

If that doesn't solve the problem, comment out all but one line and run "apt-get update" again. Then add lines back in and repeat until you find the line with the problem. Let us know which line it is and we'll go from there.

I added the lines above the CDrom entries.

What's up?

Please leave this.  It is a filter term.
ferulebezel