apt question

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:53:35 -0600, Kent West wrote:

As you recommended I added these lines to my /etc/apt/sources.list:

>> # Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
which I did
>> #deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
>> #deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US

>> # Stable
>> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
>> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
>> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

Just to check things out I did "apt-cache search nethack" to see if
everything is working.  It's not.

I get:
W: Couldn't stat source package list [an entry from above] Packages
([a path which I assume is what the listing is a symbolic link to]) -
stat (2 No such file or directory).

I added the lines above the CDrom entries.

What's up?

Please leave this.  It is a filter term.
ferulebezel
Mark Healey
deblist@healeyonline.com
Don't bothor CCing or emailing this address.  Since spammers seem to be harvesting this
list anything that doesn't come from the list server is assumed to be spam and deleted.
ASUS A87V8X mobo w AMD Athalon
	Broadcom 4401 onboard nic
	with static IP Address
ATI All-In-Wonder 9700 Video card.