Re: Debian Server Compromise -- A Fire Drill ??

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 12:48:58AM +0000, ben_foley@web.de wrote:

> given the regular stream of ridiculous garbage coming from redmond about
 linux, while new holes are found in their os and apps on an almost weekly
basis, this seems like the next stage in the
> campaign to buttress the losses they've been taking all the while linux
> has found favor.

You can bet they well capitalize on these (I bet they haven't even
noticed yet) but I highly doubt they had anything to do with it.  I bet
a few MS Devs are aware of the security issues but in general MS hasn't
noticed yet; when they do you can bet Infoworld/news.com/microsoft.com
will be plastered with it.

> on the subject of disclosure of methods, i've been trusting the team for
> almost five years, since i first came across debian. i have no reason
> not to trust them now.

I like them too but faith like that is just made to be broken.