Re: Recognizing URL's in Mutt

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 11:47:18AM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 07:00:34AM -0500, Michael W. Cole wrote:
> | I am using mutt with vim as the editor.  I have seen in the past where
> | the url's on a line in xterm will be underlined when the mouse moves
> | over it.  You could then double click the mouse and the web browser
> | would open that url.  How, what, where can I look, do, read to
> | understand how to implement this behavior in mutt, vim, xterm etc.
>
> xterm?  No, I don't think xterm ever did that.  You were probably
> using gnome-terminal before.  All graphical (re)actions are part of
> the graphical program -- the terminal emulator, not the non-graphical
> programs -- mutt, vim.

I've made a post on this issue, also asking for help. I've done some
research on my Sarge machine. Previously, the feature was working
under Woody, and Potato, but those installations no longer exist.

1) xterm does not have this feature.

2) Both Gnome terminal and Multi-Gnome terminal had the feature in
Woody.

3) Multi-Gnome terminal seems to have a modified version of the
feature, but there appears to be a bad interaction with some new
featurs in Sarge, and it doesn't work. Or, maybe there is a bug that
kills all these features. And, I can't find/install Gnome docs to
study problem.

4) Gnome terminal has the feature in Sarge, but it invokes lynx as the
browser. And, again, I can't access the Gnome User Docs to make it
work with a more GUI browser.

All Sarge results are with the same install of mutt. The functionality
is definitely in the GUI, not in mutt. Now is not a good time to be
debugging such issues. I hope times are better soon.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com