Re: Recognizing URL's in Mutt

* Derrick 'dman' Hudson (dman@dman13.dyndns.org) [031204 08:57]:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 07:00:34AM -0500, Michael W. Cole wrote:
> | I am using mutt with vim as the editor.  I have seen in the past where
> | the url's on a line in xterm will be underlined when the mouse moves
> | over it.  You could then double click the mouse and the web browser
> | would open that url.  How, what, where can I look, do, read to
> | understand how to implement this behavior in mutt, vim, xterm etc.
>
> xterm?  No, I don't think xterm ever did that.  You were probably
> using gnome-terminal before.  All graphical (re)actions are part of
> the graphical program -- the terminal emulator, not the non-graphical
> programs -- mutt, vim.

Strictly speaking, that's not necessarily so.  Certain console
applications, for example w3m and aptitude, respond to mouse clicks when
run in an xterm, and can launch other X apps if they wish.

It might be more precise to say "Certain ncurses applications" in favor
of "Certain console applications", but I'm not sure if that qualifier is
necessary.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  --Benjamin Franklin