Re: changing from xdm to kdm

Hello

Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. (<lists@pavri.net>) wrote:

> I am on debian testing/unstable. I have built this up from a base
> install of woody then upgraded and then installed first X and then
> KDE. On startup, I get the xdm screen. How do I change this to the kde
> login screen.

You can use

dpkg-reconfigure xdm

or

dpkg-reconfigure kdm

or edit /etc/X11/default-display-manager

If you want to remove xdm, I suggest using the purge parameter (dpkg
--purge xdm or apt-get --purge remove xdm), this will also remove the
configuration files and init scripts for xdm.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen