Re: I'm face Few problem , need suggestion

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 02:05:25AM +0600, Satyajit Das wrote:

> 1) I want to upgrade complete Debain system, such as :
> 	I have mutt-1.3 /need 1.4 or1.5 , kde-2.2/ need 3.x / and kernel-2.2.20-idepci/ need 2.4.x
>    Please give me the details webaddress or ftp site. I'm using  broadband.

If you want to stay with woody, I would use backports.  You can get
several of these from backports.org

for example if you put this in /etc/apt/sources.list (check
backports.org/ for more info):
deb http://www.backports.org/debian woody mutt

and apt-get update && apt-get install mutt, you will get mutt 1.5.4

There is also 2.4.x and even 2.6.x packages available from
backports.org.

KDE you can get from kde.org just go to the download sections and it has
instructions for Debian on woody.

Alternatively upgrade to unstable.

> 2) I'm using mutt and postfix.
>    My From field said : satyajit@satyajit@spnetctg.com (Satyajit Das)
>    but I want to show it like this: Satyajit Das
>    what I need to edit ?
>    (Still I'm not edit my .muttrc file )

I'm not sure what you're getting at here.  You don't want your From
field to show your email address?

anyway, you can edit your .muttrc and put something like this in it:
my_hdr From: Andy Wettstein <awettstein@cait.org>

to show whatever you want.