Re: Problems with migration from pppoe to dhcp-client (router) for internet access

--- Mark Roach <mrroach@okmaybe.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 11:43, eric brown wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just got a nice deal on a Barricade router for
> my
> > home network.
> >
> > I try to get my internet connection to work with
> > dhcp-client.  I was using pppoe before with no
> > problem.  I have no problem accessing the internet
> > from my winxP and OsX boxes with the router using
> > automatic dhcp.
>
> [bunch of probably unnecessary stuff...]
>
> > Waht is the clean way of doing this internet
> > configuration change?
>
> man interfaces
>
> you're going to want something like
>
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>
> in your /etc/network/interfaces file
> --
> Mark Roach

Thx,

I had it to work by running dhclient as root. but I
have to do this each time I reboot my system.

My/etc/network/interfaces looks like this (it is
overwritten each time I run dhclient):

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static

now, how do I make the connection available at startup
and persistant?

Thx again,

Eric