Re: How to post to linux.debian.user

Dr. MacQuigg wrote:
I've tried several new posts and replies to existing posts, and they never appear in the newsgroup. My ISP has no explanation. I assume this is something to do with a connection between this mailing list and the newsgroup. Are we supposed to use email only, or can we work with our normal newsreader?

-- Dave

Hi,

Note that linux.debian.user is a read-only group. Messages sent to the debian-user mailing list show up here as well, but it cannot take messages.

gmane.linux.debian.user is read and write. But first you need to post a message to that newsgroup with a valid email address. You will be sent an email to which you have to reply. Only after can you post messages on gmane.linux.debian.user. This is explained on gmane website (I think in Posting section). To test your postings you can use gmane.test

And the pre-requisite is that you must have subscribed to the debian-user mailing list (I think with the same email address that you use when you post to gmane newsgroups).

HTH,
->HS

--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)