Re: dhcpd/tftp server subservient to another tftp server

Arnt Karlsen wrote:
On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:38:34 -0600, Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote in message

  fixed-address 150.252.x.y;	# x & y to protect the innocent

..said Kent posting from 128.51.  ;-)

Ssh-h-h! That's a secret!

I've always wondered if it was of any worth to not publish full IP numbers on a list like this. I sortta figured the numbers would be easy to find out anyway; still, thought I'd err on the side of caution.

..this is a proof-of-concept test lab. _Why_ does it need _public_ ip's on all nodes??? I say use 192.168.42.0/24 or somesuch, and set up one box to route the lab boxes. It too can boot off your bootserver.

Hmm; that's an interesting idea. But I'm not sure whether my server will eventually be on the local segment, or on the backbone, serving several labs. Still, as a proof-of-concept, that'll work. Good idea! Thanks!

--
Kent