Re: [DSA-403-1] Kernel update?

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 12:51:14 -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Wichert's post about the Debian hacked machines and the integer overflow
> in the Kernel talks about the 2.4.18 source package being updated.
> But my machines are all using the package:
>
>   kernel-source-2.4.20 - Linux kernel source for version 2.4.20 with Debian patches

Read up on http://www.debian.org/security/faq#testing . AFAICT
kernel-source-2.4.20 isn't a woody package. Presumably it will be fixed when
incoming opens again.

> So how would I get this patch?

I'd go for building kernel images from the kernel.org 2.4.23 sources using
kernel-package's "make-kpkg".

HTH,
Ray
--
UNIX is not so much a product as it is a painstakingly compiled oral history
of the hacker culture. It is our Gilgamesh epic.