Re: SA, Debian Woody, Exim3, help

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 08:48:32PM -0500, Scott Ehrlich wrote:

> Well, I mentioned my incoming email was not getting spam-tagged, and still
> isn't.
>
> Someone (sorry, lost the email :-(   pointed me to:
>
> http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/config_docs/exim-spamassassin/node11.html
>
> which didn't seem to do much even after I added it.
<SNIP>
> I found a site to make a modification to SA which prompted the spamc
> daemon to run.  Still no luck :-(

This may be too elementary, but I just want to check...
Before calling spamc, you _do_ have the spamd daemon running, right?

If you call spamassassin by the name "spamassassin" it's self-contained,
but kinda hard on resources. If you call it by "spamc" you need to have
spamd _already_ running.

	Cheers!
--