Re: Modules/Ethernet setup

On Sun, 2003-11-30 at 15:32, Paul M Foster wrote:
> When I was installing Deb 3.0r1 on a new machine, I couldn't find what I
> thought was the right module/driver for the ethernet card, so I just
> skipped it. Later I found the right driver. I can get the card up and
> working. Manually, I can do it this way:
>
> modprobe natsemi
> ifconfig eth0 inet 192.168.10.2
> route add default gw 192.168.10.20
>
> However, I don't know how to integrate this with the Debian
> /etc/modules/* and /etc/modules.conf. Can anyone tell me what files to
> create and with what parameters?

  greg@duke:~$ cat /etc/network/interfaces
  auto lo eth0

  iface lo inet loopback

  iface eth0 inet static
          address 192.168.1.4
          netmask 255.255.255.0
          broadcast 192.168.1.255
          gateway 192.168.1.1

  # For a dhcp eth0 commnet out above
  # and uncomment below
  #iface eth0 inet dhcp

As you can see I have a good example for you here.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net