.kde3-errors

+ break
+ sysmodmap=/etc/X11/Xmodmap
+ usrmodmap=/home/suley/.Xmodmap
+ startup=/home/suley/.kde3rc
+ resources=/home/suley/.Xresources
+ startssh=
+ sshagent=/usr/bin/ssh-agent
+ '[' -x /usr/bin/ssh-agent -a -z '' ']'
+ startssh=yes
+ '[' -x /usr/bin/X11/xmodmap ']'
+ '[' -f /etc/X11/Xmodmap ']'
+ '[' -f /home/suley/.Xmodmap ']'
+ '[' -x /home/suley/.kde3rc ']'
+ '[' -f /home/suley/.Xresources ']'
++ which kde3
+ '[' '!' -n /usr/bin/kde3 ']'
+ '[' -n yes ']'
+ exec /usr/bin/ssh-agent -- kde3
mkdtemp: private socket dir: Permission denied

.xsession-errors

/etc/gdm/PreSession//Default: Registering your session with wtmp and utmp
/etc/gdm/PreSession//Default: running: sessreg -a -w /var/log/wtmp -u /var/
run/utmp -x "/var/lib/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l :0 suley
+ WM=kde3
+ cp /dev/null /home/suley/.kde3-errors
+ chmod 600 /home/suley/.kde3-errors
+ exec

tripolar wrote:

I have had problems with permissions in /usr/X11R6
I set them #chmod 755 -R /usr/X11R6/
does that look right?
that has worked in the past.
I was told to remove files in /tmp relating to dcop or orbit ( sorry I forgot and I am not on that machine because x only works for root and I have yet to figure out mutt ;-) )
I have messed with permissions in /tmp
what user & group should /tmp be?
at this time the only twm for regular users though I cant open any apps like kmail or evolution or mozilla
$kmail
trying to creat local folder:Permission denied
failed to create /tmp/ksocket-tripolar/
_KDE_IceTransSocketCreateListener: failed to bind listener
DCOPServer self test failed
kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be started
Can't setup DCOP communication

Any suggestions? again I messed up /tmp user & group & permissions. need to know the correct user, group and permissions of /tmp also anything relationg to dcop & permissions to get reg users to log into x from gdm
Thanks