Re: Linux Sound Issues

Paul Burkett wrote:
I've been having a helluva time to get sound working
decently in Linux. The issue isn't so much quality
(though I do notice a slight difference in quality
compared to Windows, nothing to complain about) but
that fact that is skips whenever I do anything that
requires CPU resources.

I may be way off, of course, but I ran into this problem and it had nothing to do with sound but with the fact that did not have VIA82CXXX enabled under IDE, ATA and ATAPI Block Devices. Result was that with any disk access the disk would "hang" for seconds and the sound would stop. You might look into that too...

Hugo