Re: nvidia vs ati

Elie De Brauwer wrote:
On Sunday 30 November 2003 00:15, Frank Thomas wrote:

Gerard Ceraso wrote:

I am planning on getting a new video card. I have a nvidia geforce2 right
now and it works great under linux. I have not had any problems. I have
noticed that some of the Ati cards seem to have a bit better performance
in some of the tests on the hardware review sites. I was wondering how
the Ati support for linux is. My system is currently has an Asus A7N8X
Deluxe with an AMD 2400+ and 1G of 3200 ram.

Let's do some benchmarking I have a PIV 2.8 ghz (800 mhz fsb), 1 gig ddr 400 ram and an geforce fx 5900 ultra with 256 meg ram. When running X at 1600x1200 resolution I get about 4800 fps in glxgears

Any other results ?

Athlon XP 2500+ (233 MHz FSB, or 333, but I don't remember)
1 GB RAM
Raden 9000 Pro 128 MB
nForce2 chipset (I know, nVidia + ATi == bad)
X 4,3, 1280x1024

glxgears w/dri: 2400 fps
glxgears w/ATi driver: 1920 fps

-Roberto