util-linux and mount w/ linux 2.4.23 crypto

Hello, folks-

I recently upgraded to a 2.4.23 kernel on an otherwise vanilla sarge
install (sparc64, though I suspect this to be general to all of the
supported archs), and discovered that the default mount package
(2.12-3) doesn't seem to handle the new CryptoAPI interface.

Although the usage claims to support the new /proc/crypto interface,
the source code for lomount.c refers only to the older, nested tree
under /proc/crypto/ciphers.

Based on the (fairly acrimonious) discussion that took place on the
cryptoapi-devel list in february[1], there seems to be a fair amount
of controversy surrounding how best to handle the new api, as well
as significant differences between distros.

Given that ftp.kernel.org only has util-linux 2.12pre sources, I'm
not expecting there to be any official word, but I was hoping that
there were some opinions on which of the various patches out there
are most appropriate for a sarge/2.4.23 combination:

  Ben Slusky's:
    http://www.spinics.net/lists/crypto/msg02271.html
    http://www.stwing.org/~sluskyb/util-linux/

  Fruhwirth Clemens':