Re: (OT) Re: Godel

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 10:11:39AM +0100, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 00:00:05 -0800
> Tom <tb.31123.nospam@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Once somebody disproves Godel I will rest easy...
>
> The one(s) doing this wouldn't survive the lynching parties the
> theoreticians would start, and AFAIK, the Goedel stuff is rather well
> proven. So don't hold your breath.

Good.  I was hoping someone smart would speak up.  (I was a lousy
mathematician which is why I switched to computers.  Much easier.)

I accept Godel.  Does it matter much in day to day life?  Or is it just
something not to worry about.

I mean, life goes on, but if Godel is true, I kind of just keep waiting
for the train to derail (and it usually does).  Is it an important
result?  How does one sleep at night :-) ?

This is just one of those little things that I worry about...