Re: No NIC and No X - WTF Does It Take?

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 12:06:52AM -0800, Scarletdown wrote:
> Yet another update...
>
> This time when gdm failed to run, I went ahead and
> said no when asked if I would like to try
> configuring X again.  After that, I logged in as root
> and again ran dpkg-reconfigure xserver-
> xfree86
>
> This time, instead of entering PCI:00:11:00 (which is
> what lspci showed the video card as, I
> entered PCI:00:17:00, which for some reason is where X
> thinks the card is at.

I just responded to an earlier email, but the problem is that lspci's
output is in decimal, whereas XF86Config-4 expects it to be in hex.
Thus, you should enter
  PCI:0:b:0
instead of
  PCI:0:11:0 (which translates into 0:17:0)
or instead of
  PCI:0:17:0 (which translates into uh, let me find my hex-to-dec
calculator, uh, some number . . . )

--
Kent