Re: python problem in unstable

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 14:33:09 +0100
Alf Werder <alf@knusperfisch.de> wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 14:21, Jeff Elkins wrote:
> > On Saturday 29 November 2003 7:27 am, charlie derr wrote:
> > ># apt-get remove python
> > >(or maybe it was "apt-get remove python2.3")
> > >Which will remove a lot of packages (paste the list to a file
> > >before you answer "Y" if you want to reinstall them after).
> >
> > A lot of packages is a bit of an understatement. In my case, over
> > 250Mb packages are queued for removal, including what looks like all
> > of KDE. I'd be just as well off wiping my drive and re-installing :)
Hi

Well you can simple do a dpkg --purge --force-all python python2.3 and
then do a apt-get -f install....this way it worked on my various
machines...
this way no other packages are to be removed (though they might stop
working correctly until the python packages are reinstalled..but you
should do it imideatly afterwards and then it works..

yours
Albert

--
Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at>