Problem with installing libsqlite-dev

Hi.

I want to develop an program in c using sqlite. To do this,
i need the package libsqlite-dev containing the headerfile
and the linking-libraries. I had installed sqlite=2.8.6-1 and as i
installed libsqlite-dev, i recognized, that this package claimed
exactly the sqlite-version 2.4.7-1. But i suppose,
that libsqlite-dev=2.4.7-1 could run with installed sqlite=2.8.6-1.
In the current state sqlite=2.8.6-1 is downgraded to sqlite=2.4.7-1,
but this is not okay, because in the meantime sqlite is sophisticated
and libsqlite-dev has not changed in the versionnumber. This
feeds my assumption, that sqlite can run with libsqlite-dev=2.4.7-1
or the correct libsqlite-dev is not available in any way. I think, it
could run so, because perl, ruby, python, php, ... - sqlite- modules
are available for sqlite=2.8.6-1 and they must be developed in any
way according to this package. And now my Questionn: can i
apt-get force to install this nonfitting Package? I found not switch
in the Manpage.

bye, Frank