Re: Broken Galeon in Sarge

Niels L. Ellegaard wrote:

Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@asu.edu> writes:

I don't know if this has to do with the Debian security situation, but
the three Sarge boxes I apt-get updated yesterday all now have broken
Galeons.  Galeon refuses to execute, claiming that it can't find a gconf
schema.

I have the same problem: The /var/log/syslog is more elaborate

Nov 26 22:02:53 nissefisken gconfd (gnalle-5695): starting (version
2.4.0.1), pid 5695 user 'gnalle'
Nov 26 22:02:53 nissefisken gconfd (gnalle-5695): Failed to get lock
for daemon, exiting: Failed to lock '/tmp/gconfd-gnalle/lock/ior':
probably another process has the lock, or your operating system has
NFS file locking misconfigured (Resource temporarily unavailable)
Nov 26 22:02:53 nissefisken gconfd (gnalle-5697): starting (version
2.4.0.1), pid 5697 user 'gnalle'
Nov 26 22:02:53 nissefisken gconfd (gnalle-5697): Failed to get lock
for daemon, exiting: Failed to lock '/tmp/gconfd-gnalle/lock/ior':
probably another process has the lock, or your operating system has
NFS file locking misconfigured (Resource temporarily unavailable)

The problems started when the 2.4 packages made it into Sarge. I just
send a bug report.

While I am at it I promise my eternal admiration and love to anyone
who make Galeon work in Sarge again. It is such a nice program :)

                       Niels

It's not a bug. Galeon no longer exists in Sarge. Yes, I know, I liked it too :(

If you need to convert your Galeon bookmarks file for use with Mozilla or Mozilla Firebird, please see the post entitled "How to convert Galeon bookmarks to Mozilla without Galeon" dated 11/23/03

hope this helps.

--

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never
kept but one: they promised to take our land, and they took it."

- Chief Red Cloud (Mahpiua Luta) of the Oglala Sioux