Re: why not my box automatically power-off?

Akira Kitada wrote:
 Hi all.

Refering "debian-reference", I'm configuring Debian
for learning debian(and my convenience).
One of my intention is make debian auto power-off
when I invoke "shutdown -h now".

for that, I've done the following configurations.

	(in /etc/lilo.conf)
	append="apm=on apm=power-off noapic"

	# echo "apm power_off=1" >>/etc/modules

	root:/boot# grep 'APM' config-2.4.22
	CONFIG_APM=y
	# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
	# CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE is not set
	# CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE is not set
	# CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
	# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
	# CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
	CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y

then, I shutdown the system, but it don't
power-off.just say "system halt" as before.

why not?

I find the kernel docs on this subject, let's say, dense. But may be I am dense. Anyway, this is what I have, and it works:

<snip>

CONFIG_PM=y
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE is not set
# CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
# CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

#
# ACPI Support
#
# CONFIG_ACPI is not set

<snip>

You can see the entire thing here:

http://home.planet.nl/~woerk095/config

The configuration if For Backstreet Ruby, Linux multi-user option.

Hugo.