Re: recommended Virus Scanner?

hi ya stephen

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Stephen wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 05:16:12PM -0800 or thereabouts, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 12:55:52PM -0500, Stephen wrote:
> > > What virus scanner is the choice for most Debian users? I'm using Woody,
> > > and rather than download and install several, I would like to have
> > > actual user feedback, on the pros/cons of any/either.
> >
> > Non-issue if you don't use Windows.
>
> Yeah sure, so YOU say. I use a Debian box to serve mail to windoze users.

more importantly...
	- which antivirus sw works and how much for it and how much effort
	to admin it ... and does it work .. and what slips by

- list of antivirus apps
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/AntiVirus

	- use the various existing db of test virus signatures

- best way is to disallow all mime attachements.. even windoze users...
  but guess the ceo and managers like to pass excel attachments to each
  other which they can do locally thru their local mail server ..

	but the outside world does not need to send/receive
	attachments ?? ( ftp, web is better suited for sending/receiving
	files ... only those that really want it will go to the url

c ya
alvin