Re: recommended Virus Scanner?

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 06:27:46PM -0800 or thereabouts, Alvin Oga wrote:

> hi ya stephen

Howdy

> more importantly...
> 	- which antivirus sw works and how much for it and how much effort
> 	to admin it ... and does it work .. and what slips by
>
> - list of antivirus apps
> 	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/AntiVirus
>
> 	- use the various existing db of test virus signatures
>
> - best way is to disallow all mime attachements.. even windoze users...
>   but guess the ceo and managers like to pass excel attachments to each
>   other which they can do locally thru their local mail server ..
>
> 	but the outside world does not need to send/receive
> 	attachments ?? ( ftp, web is better suited for sending/receiving
> 	files ... only those that really want it will go to the url

OK Alvin, thanks. Great URL. I received a solution over the weekend. I
guess the list being down, has given us somewhat of a lag. :)

It looks like I'm going to take Steve Lambs advice, and install
exim4-daemon-heavy in conjunction with Anavis. His solution leads me to
believe that it can be done prior to download (I'm using a smarthost).

Thanks.