Re: Broken Galeon in Sarge

tkinias@asu.edu wrote:

scripsit Paul Morgan:

Galeon has been removed from Sarge.  I posted a few days ago (in this
list) a method to recover the bookmarks file into Mozilla/Netscrape
format.

Right, I forgot about that...  That would be why gtk2 was allowed to go
in even though it broke Galeon.

I think I read somewhere that the Galeon developer stripped a lot of
functionality out of 1.3 and then left.  Certainly, there appear to be
questions about Galeon's future (if any).

Too bad.  I really liked the ability to switch JavaScript on or off
with two keystrokes.

So for me, I'll stick with clunky ol' Mozilla for the time being.

I'm learning to get used to Firebird for now.

Is there any other modern browser out there, by the way, that allows
easy control of JavasScript?  Mozilla buries it, and Firebird's option
is better but still inconvenient to access via keyboard or quickly...

Not sure about other browsers. But thanks for reminding me about Firebird. I had passed it over in favour of Galeon, but I'll give it a whirl now.

--

To any other Nation the loss of a Nelson would have been irreparable,
but in the British Fleet off Cadiz, every Captain was a Nelson.

-- Adm Pierre Charles de Villeneuve,
after the death of Adm Horatio Nelson
at the Battle of Trafalgar, October 21, 1805.