Re: building a tivo?

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 21:57, Matt Price wrote:
> Anyone out there built a tivo-like DVR to record programs off of
> cabsle or stellite tv?  What's involved?  I imagine one of the big
> tricks is justtuningthe hcannel -- or am I wrong?

I have done this. All you need to know is at:
www.mythtv.org

It's all been done for you :) I recommend getting a Hauppage PVR250/350
card, the ivtv drivers for it are on sourceforge (ivtv.sourceforge.net).
These cards have hardware encoders so no cpu load for grabbing. The 350
has a decoder as well. Probably best you join the mythtv mailing list
and learn all about it there.

Cheers,
Andrew