Re: problem with python in Debian/unstable

Hello J.S.!

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 12:35:40PM +0000, J.S.Sahambi wrote:
I upgraded my sytesm (Debian/unstable) with dselect and i got the following output. Is this some problem with distribution and how do I remove it.
[...]
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/python_2.3.2-6_all.deb (--unpack): trying to overwrite `/usr/share/doc/python2.3/python-policy.html', which is also in package python2.3
[...]

It has just been asked and answered on this list, see

But as you are living in the future (-> your time settings) and are
using Sid, I guess you already know this BTS entry... or does it mean
the BTS will break within the next few hours, so you won't be able to
check, err, willuva haven been able, err, dang, I forgot Douglas
Adams' Grammar of Time Travelling... ;)

Cheers,
Flo