traffic shaper

Hello!

I'm looking for an application which can limit another process's bandwith usage. A program called 'trickle' does this perfectly, but I've read a few minutes ago on it's homepage, that the programmer stopped developing it, and I can not compile the latest version, because after typing make, I get a bunch of error messages. So does anybody know a "clone" for trickle, or another way to limit another program's (ie.: ncftp) bandwidth usage?

Thanks!

Daniel

--
LeVA