Re: Importing Corel Draw

Terry Hancock wrote:
On Tuesday 25 November 2003 01:07 am, Thanasis Kinias wrote:

scripsit Luis Fernando Llana Díaz:

 I have some pictures made with Corel Draw. Is there any possibility
 of use them under Linux?

There once was a free Linux port of PhotoPaint 9 from Corel running on Corel Wine. It was buggy but I had it running quite nicely on my potato system two years ago. I think it had import filters for CDR. And wasn't there even a WINE version of Corel Draw for a brief time (but expensive)? I still have some 90 MB worth of tarballs and debs of it, respectively, on a CD.

For a review see http://www.linux-mag.com/2000-11/pr_photopaint_01.html

Why not grab a spare machine, throw an older distro at it and install PP from some leftover archive on a forgotten ftp server. However, the Rumanian link found through Google at http://www.linux.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=6555&forum=35&0 was not available, the German link http://www.vollversion.de/download/corel_photo_paint_9_fuer_linux_358.html seems to have been pulled but I'm not sure. Perhaps some working link can be found anyway.

Cheers

-AvH