Re: www.debian.org

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 11:46, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

> I haven't found yet a way to gather information about the date I installed
> (or even uninstalled) Debian packages in the Debian package
> management system ...
>
> I help myself with this line:
>
> ls -lt --time=use /var/cache/apt/archives|less

There might be a dpkg command to tell you this but I'm not sure what it is
either (if it exists).  I use this:

    ls -l /var/lib/dpkg/info/procmail.list

Every package has a filelist and that listing appears to be generated at
install time, so the timestamp on the .list file is the date at which you
installed a package.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/
Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                       Debian GNU/Linux