Re: sqwebmail

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 11:38:04AM -0500, David Gaudine wrote......

> I'm having trouble with sqwebmail.  I'm using sarge, but a quick
> attempt on a
> Woody system seemed the same.  I followed the instructions in
> README.Debian;
>
> -copied /usr/lib/courier/sqwebmail/html to /home/mywebmail
>    (I used cp -a, so the directory en-us and the link "us" were copied)
>
> - Added "SetEnv SQWEBMAIL_TEMPLATEDIR /home/mywebmail to httpd.conf
>
> Apache wouldn't accept the SetEnv, so I uncommented the line in
> httpd.conf
> that loads mod_env.
>
> Now, if I go to http://systemname/cgi-bin/sqwebmail it works, but isn't
> the
> SetEnv supposed to make http://systemname/sqwebmail work?  the longer
> url works with or without the SetEnv.
>
> I put the SetEnv line at the end of httpd.conf, was it supposed to go
> somewhere else?

Unless you are using <VirtualHost>, it can go just about anywhere.

Here's what I've added to get mine to work:

   SetEnv SQWEBMAIL_TEMPLATEDIR /home/my_domain_name/sqwebmail
   ScriptAlias /webmail /usr/lib/cgi-bin/sqwebmail
   Alias  /sqwebmail /usr/share/sqwebmail

The first line tells Sqwebmail to use /home/my_domain_name/sqwebmail as
its home directory instead of the debian default of
/usr/lib/courier/sqwebmail/html/en-us/.  This is where all of the files
like login.html, etc reside.  I've set it up this way because I do use
<VirtualHost>s and this allows each virtual host to have a customized
look.

The second line is what gets the user to Sqwebmail.  A simple alias, all
they have to do is type '/webmail' after the website name.

The third line is where all of the .gif images are kept.  All images for
all of my virtualhosts are kept in this directory.  It would probably
make sense for me to break out the images to virtualhost specific image
directories, but I haven't bothered yet.

In my setup, which could probably be streamlined a bit, I need all 3 of
these lines to make it work for the virtualhosts.

Lastly, in my httpd.conf, I have mod_env as a live line (not commented
out):

LoadModule env_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_env.so

Hope this helps rather than confuses you.

Kevin