Re: exim4 + fetchmail - duplicate mail in Inbox and in folders

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:26:28 -0500, BruceG wrote:
> I think the list was discussing this last week, but I can't find it. Darn!
> Anyway - I am using Exim4 (with ClamAV) as my SMTP transport. I created some
> subfolders to group mail on the server. I am also using fetchmail to grab
> pop mail from my ISP, and also have an Exim .forward file to group my
> e-mail.
>
> What I am seeing is that the mail is duplicated. It shows up in my Inbox,
> and it also shows up in my subfolders. Where should I look to solve this
> problem? My .forward is below:

Perhaps "save" is not a significant delivery by default?  I don't
remember all the details anymore, but exim has both "significant" and
"not significant" delivery commands.  The significant ones cause
processing to terminate.  The others don't, allowing for duplicates to
be created (sometimes this is desirable).  The 'seen' and 'unseen'
keywords can prefix a command to change it's semantics.  When I used
an exim filter, I put "seen finish" after each delivery just for
explicitness in terminating the processing then.  Read exim's filter
manual (filter.txt) for all the details.

-D

--
Many a man claims to have unfailing love,
but a faithful man who can find?