Re: NIC problem

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 02:08:39AM +0000, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The box is a bridging firewall, with a custom compiled kernel.  I've
> done this configuration loads of times, but not with these NICs.

[...]

> I'm ashamed to say that I don't know how to see which card is eth0.  I'm
> not on site, and I'd rather not go there just for this.  I'm guessing
> it's the one with the lower PCI id (the natsemi)?
>
> APIC is compiled into the kernel, and I've heard that removing it
> might help.  Anyone have any advice?  (Running 2.4.18.)

Hi.

If you grep /var/log/dmesg (or any logfile with boot messages) for eth0
or eth1, you should be able to find out.

Example from my machine:

$ grep eth0 /var/log/dmesg
eth0: SiS 900 Internal MII PHY transceiver found at address 1.
eth0: Using transceiver found at address 1 as default
eth0: SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet at 0xec00, IRQ 18, xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx.

Peter

--
 Peter Samek
 samek@upc.uniba.sk