Re: Hoax: Re: What up with www.debian.org ?

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 01:30:36AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 01:07:20PM +0530, Raghavendra Bhat (ragu@asianetonline.net) wrote:
> > Jerome posts:

> > Someone has  cracked all the servers  of the Debian  Project.  There has
> > been  a severe  security  mishap  and guys  should  uninstall all  stuff
> > downloaded  and installed in  the past  2 days.   Please do  not apt-get
> > anything right now!  Please wait till an `official' release happens!
>
> Hoax.

Well, at least I got a chance to test my "rollback debs" mechanism.

The only mistake I made was when I decide I no longer want any version
of a deb, I shouldn't just delete it from the cache, I should move it
just like outdated versions.  (I did that with 3 debs).

And the new gbuffy in the last couple days no longer depends on
libproplist0, so deborphan told me to get rid of that, and I forget to
keep it as well.  (4th, final mistake).

I've noticed that sometimes an additional pass through "aptitude
upgrade" whenever I "reinstall or rollback the world."  The first time
through, various dependencies are broken // things say they want to be
deinstalled due to missing dependencies, but the 2nd time through they
work.  (This time, it was most of the qt3*-dev and gtk2*-dev and
relateds.)