Re: mouse will only works in one direction with X+gpm

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 06:39:54PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> Micha Feigin wrote:
> >The problem is
> >that under X the mouse only works when scrolling down and not when
> >scrolling up.
> >
> >/etc/gpm.conf:
> >
> >device=/dev/input/mice
> >responsiveness=
> >repeat_type=raw
> >type=autops2
> >append=""
> >sample_rate=
> >
> >The X setup for this mouse:
> >
> >Section "InputDevice"
> >        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
> >        Driver          "mouse"
> >        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
> >        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
> >        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
> >        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
> >        Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> >EndSection
> >

> I believe both places need to use the same protocol.

At list according to gpm helps and the fact that it worked before thats
not true, since gpm does protocol translation, and anyway in this case
its suppose to repeat the data raw, that is without any translation.
I will try to change the gpm protocol though and see if that solves the
problem.