pppd boring problem...

Hi,
I get this error after a while with pppd with persist option. I need to
kill the pppd and restart it.

Any hints would be welcome...

Here is a more complete log...

rcvd [LCP EchoReq id=0xb6 magic=0xf691b01f c0 23 05 06]
sent [LCP EchoRep id=0xb6 magic=0xd3b01c00 00 2d 0f 01]
Hangup (SIGHUP)
Modem hangup
Script /etc/ppp/ip-down started (pid 3754)
Connection terminated.
Connect time 1268.3 minutes.
Sent 14034961 bytes, received 222457110 bytes.
Couldn't release PPP unit: Invalid argument
Script /etc/ppp/ip-down finished (pid 3754), status = 0x0
Connect script failed
Hangup (SIGHUP)
Serial connection established.
using channel 4
Couldn't create new ppp unit: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Hangup (SIGHUP)
Serial connection established.
using channel 5
Couldn't create new ppp unit: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Hangup (SIGHUP)
Serial connection established.
using channel 6
Couldn't create new ppp unit: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Connect script failed
Serial connection established.
using channel 7
Couldn't create new ppp unit: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Hangup (SIGHUP)
Serial connection established.
using channel 8
Couldn't create new ppp unit: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Serial connection established.
using channel 9
Couldn't create new ppp unit: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Hangup (SIGHUP)
Serial connection established.
using channel 10
Couldn't create new ppp unit: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Hangup (SIGHUP)
Serial connection established.
using channel 11
Couldn't create new ppp unit: Inappropriate ioctl for device

--
Federico Briata

Tiscali ADSL SENZA CANONE, paghi solo quello che consumi!
Navighi a 1,5 euro all'ora e il modem e' gratis! Abbonati subito.
http://point.tiscali.it/Adsl/prodotti/senzacanone/