RE: Is it possible to recover deleted ext2 partitions??

Hi Alvin,

> if hda5 was your extended partition ... than all subsequent
> logical partions will go pooff when you delete the (reference)
> extended partition
	not so, hda5 was the first logical partition inside the
	extended partition.

> as long as oyu didnt write any new data to the disk, your
> partitions are still there ... nor format the partitions
	no, havent written anything nor formatted anything :)

> for restoring ... your ext4 is probably end-hda3+1 till end-of-disk
	yeah, that's right.

> was logical hda5 starting from n or m ... till o or was it p
> was hda6 starting from  o+1 till p or qq was hda7 starting
> from p+1 till q or rr ...
	it n to m, m+1 to o, o+1 to p, so on...

> if you followed a particular partition size creation pattern,
> +2M, +10M, +10M for your partition size, fdisk might get you
> back to the right cylinder start and ending info again
	well, how to get fdisk to get the right partition table?
	I don't know of such a thing. But, meanwhile I will read
	the man pages thoroughly. Thanks.

-vikas